In every year's AVISTARS pageant we are choosing another major city or location to be the "host" for the AVISTARS's pageant Grand Finale. This year, for the Grand Finale of the AVISTARS ♛ 2022 pageant we are traveling to Rio de Janeiro, the city of contrast.
Rio de Janeiro is a city of contrasts, where you will find the sea on one side and the mountains on the other; where you will notice fancy buildings and the biggest favela in the world – Rocinha – one beside the other; where in summer you can experience 40°C while in winter 18°C; it can be very rainy and very sunny; it is where sea, lakes and rivers share the same landscape.
In Rio you can enjoy the beaches and all the fancy shopping malls during the day. At night you can go party in one of its famous clubs or dance at a famous place called Vidigal. In the city you have plenty of options to appreciate traditional Brazilian food, like the delicious Churrasco in one of the Churrascarias; or drink as much Caipirinhas or Brazilian beer you want in one of the several cool Bars around the city.
In Rio you also have the chance to experience the carnival even when its not carnival, by watching a Samba School rehearsal; to watch a game at the famous Maracana stadium; to make a tour around the Rocinha favela; or simply enjoy a coconut water on Sao Conrado‘s beach to recharge your batteries or get tanned in Copacabana beach. Missing a morning walk at the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas and the sunset at Arpoador would be a sin.
For our City Challenge in the AVISTARS ♛ 2022 competition imagine to be a tourist in Rio de Janeiro. Pick one tourist activity you'd want to go for in Rio. You will need to tell us where you are going, why you are going there and what you are doing. Please consider potential heat and also which accessories you may need for your activity. We'd like you to research about places you can visit in Rio or activities tourists can join, to introduce Rio de Janeiro as the city of contrasts.
- Please style an outfit appropriate for your tourist activity in Rio. It should be visible in your outfit, which activity you are going for. I.e. if you are going to the beaches, you will need a towel and maybe sandals too, but if you are going for shopping you may need the one or other shopping bag and a well filled wallet. Other ideas could be to go in the bars in the evening or to watch a soccer match at the Maracana stadium... you even could go and watch a rehearsal from a Samba school, however, as tourist you are not allowed to participate. Whatever you chose and style, please make it colorful.
- You are required to use in the clothing of your styling at least 3 colors.
- The clothing of your styling should not contain any black fabrics.
- Your accessories are excluded from the color requirement/-limitation.
- Please ask if you are unsure which items qualify as clothing and which as accessories.
- Please add accessories typically associated with your activity and the place you are visiting.
- Please only use sunglasses for your eyes if you are confident to take these off during your pose sequence.
- In every case your face and eyes should be well visible.
- Please prepare a default pose, a walking animation and a pose set for about 40-60 seconds.
- A 360° turn with your poses is required for this challenge and is subject for scoring.
- Please write in your description which place in Rio de Janeiro you are visiting and for which activity, and why you are going there.
- Please limit your description to 100 words max.
- The description must be sent within our set deadlines. See the "Sequence of Events" for the exact days and times of the deadlines.